Wound Infection Picture
A break in the skin or a sutured wound shows signs of infection,
· Pus or cloudy fluid is draining from the wound.
· A pimple or yellow crust has formed on the wound.
· The scab has increased in size.
· Increasing redness occurs around the wound.
· A red streak is spreading from the wound toward the heart.
· The wound has become extremely tender.
· Pain or swelling has increased 48 hours after the wound occurred.
· The lymph node draining that area of skin may become large and tender.
· A fever occurs.
· The wound hasn't healed within 10 days after the injury.